Visiting for the First Time
We meet Sunday afternoons at 4:30 PM:
Eastway Baptist Church
2749 Eastway Dr, Charlotte, NC 28205
A Sunday Guide for KOK
What should I wear? Dress comfortably and “come as you are.”
When Should I Arrive? Early! Check-in begins at 4:15 PM and our Welcome Table folks will be ready to greet you
- If you’re fully vaccinated, you do not need to wear a mask.
- If you’re not fully vaccinated, we request that you wear a mask
Are there health concerns that should keep me from coming to church? Yes. Please remain at home, if
- you’ve been in contact with someone who has COVID-19
- you’ve been experiencing cough, shortness of breath or sore throat
- you’ve had a fever in the last 48 hours
- you have a new loss of taste or smell
- you’ve had vomiting or diarrhea in the last 24 hours
- someone in your household is awaiting tests results for COVID-19
What to Expect
When you join us on a Sunday, we hope you’ll have a powerful experience of being met by the Living God.
- We sing a blend of contemporary and ancient worship songs – both hymns and modern choruses.
- We follow a liturgy (structure for worship) which includes prayers said by the congregation, a public reading of scripture, and a corporate confession of sin.
- We believe God uses the faithful preaching of His Word to change lives. Our sermons seek to have enough depth for the life-long disciple and enough clarity for someone new to the faith.
- We celebrate Communion (also called the Eucharist) every Sunday. The bread and wine is offered to any baptized believer in Jesus Christ, regardless of denominational background. Prayer is always available during Communion.
In addition to Sunday Worship, we hold additional services throughout the year based on the Church calendar (Lent, Good Friday, Christmas, etc.). These services, their times and locations, will be listed on the Happenings page as they approach.